cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCX 8 - TZ Time of Day

davidkcampbell
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a simple description of the TZ option in the Time of Day script step? In particular, TZ Primary and TZ local. My understanding is that these were pulled from the server timezone. The bottom line is, until we set a specific TZ (America?Los Angeles) ... it appeared to be taking the lical CST zone. As I said, doing a CLI show status said it was in PDT and the time and date was correct.

Thank you.    

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would recommend you not using TZ[primary] or TZ[local] and instead explicity set your Timezone of choice.  This avoids confusion and makes it clear what you intended.

Technically speaking, TZ[primary] is just an alias for the Timezone of the Primary node (Node 1 in a HA environment), and TZ[local] is just an alias for the Timezone of the Engine Master, in an HA pair.  The difference being:

1. TZ[primary] == Always use the primary server's (node 1) timezone regardless of Master/Slave

2. TZ[local] == Always use the Engine Master's timezone, regardless of which node is primary

If you choose option 1, then your Timezone setting should be static and not change, unless of course you modify the servers Timezone at the CLI.  Most people would not do this, unless they were corecting an error, or physicaly moving the server.

If you choose option 2, then your Timezone setting could be dynamic, depending on whether or not your two nodes are geographically separated across different Timezones.  E.g., One in New York and one in California.

Again, explicitly define your Timezone in the script to abstract the business logic from the physical server installation.  It shouldn't matter if the server gets moved to Belgium, the scripts shouldn't have to be rewritten to accomodate that move.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Great Info

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: