Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check flows crossing an FC link

bruno.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have to small fabrics (A and B), each one composed of two 9148, and each pair of 9148 is connected over the WAN over a trunk, for several times during the day both this links (one for fabric A and the other for fabric B) are having near 100% utilization for almost 1hour, during this time I need to check what are the flows using the link...if this was IP I would be using Netflow...Is there any Way I can check this ?  Since for now I only have DCNM monitoring the link's and I only have utilization......but I need what flow is causing this .... I'm havin Synchronous replication over this links and I'm suspecting this is the cause of the problem.

Kind regards,

Bruno Fernandes

3 Replies 3

dakester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruno,

You can use DCNM-SAN to configure FC-FLOWs on the switch for the source/destination pairs using the ISL and monitor using the DCNM Server.

The below link is old, but may help.

See page 2-8 (adobe page 78 of 272) Performance Manager Using Fabric Manager Server (DCNM)
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_3_x/cookbook/MDScookbook31.pdf

Viewing Flows (DCNM)
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/dcnm/fundamentals/guide/dcnm/DCNM-SAN-LAN_published/wc.html#wp1339794

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Yes but this requires me to define what flows I wan't to anallyze, I was looking more for something like point to a specific ISL and from there discover what flows are using that ISL, utilization byt flow....

Thank's for your help,

Kind regards,

Bruno Fernandes

Will look into this requirement. Meantime we made enhancements to fc flows based on traffic in DCNM 6.2(3)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: