cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Cobras Import changes speed conversation

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi we are running latest Unity export and unity connection tools and are migrating from unity version  4.0(4) SR1 to unity Connection version 9.1.1.20000-32

The issue is that when we  export from Unity and import to unity connection, the following gets changed:-

Conversation volume is set to low

Conversation speed is set to fastest, although the playback is slowest

The default are set to medium and normal

(phone menu settings)

we can fix this by bulk edit and change everything back but concerned at why the data is getting changed and what else might have been changed that could cause us issues later. Never happened before during migrations from Unity to Connection. I assume  the versions are  supported with Cobras ?

Anyone seen anything similar ?.....TIA, Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

just to follow up for everyone - version 8.0.31 for the Connection Import tool was updated to handle this.  this version is now posted on CiscoUnityTools.com

Short version is backups prior to Unity 4.0(5) don't have per user speed/volume stored for messages (as opposed to converation speed) - speed was added in 4.0(5) and volume in 5.0.  The Import needs to check the version of Unity being restored and convert a value of 0 (slowest or quietest) into 100 for speed (normal speed) and 50 for volume (normal volume).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

everything back to 4.0(3) is supported (although sites still running 4.0(3) would raise a bit of an eyebrow - that's been out of support for many years now).

I can't repro your scenario here - if you have the backup (not messages, just the directory) and they're willing to have me look at it, see if you can provide it via FTP or the like and I can run a few tests here - I'll need to know an example of a specific user (or users) that you verified the changed playback speed and volume on.

Mr Lindborg,

thanks for reply, I have emailed the lead engineer on site to see if we can send the data out. We have also ran the export against a lab system and same happens, voice prompt speed really slow. As i said though we can bulk update that to reverse it..Jeff

we have also tried the import into unity connection 9.1(2) with the same results. do you have FTP site details for upload ?

just to follow up for everyone - version 8.0.31 for the Connection Import tool was updated to handle this.  this version is now posted on CiscoUnityTools.com

Short version is backups prior to Unity 4.0(5) don't have per user speed/volume stored for messages (as opposed to converation speed) - speed was added in 4.0(5) and volume in 5.0.  The Import needs to check the version of Unity being restored and convert a value of 0 (slowest or quietest) into 100 for speed (normal speed) and 50 for volume (normal volume).

thank you will give that a go tomorrow.

mr Lindborg, thank you again, just tried the new version and it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: