cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Calls - Hardware Limitation on EX90?

johnhsnow
Level 1
Level 1

I have deployed 2x's EX90s to CUCM and find the max calls on the DN for the EX90 is 4.  Without implementing this to MCU, does anyone know or can confirm this is indeed hardware limitation?

SIP CiscoTelepresence EX90 - DN has 4 max calls.

EX90 running TC6.2

UCM - 9.1

SCCP phones - DN's have 200 max calls.

regards,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

Using its own embedded multipoint resource, EX90 is able to make 4 simultaneously calls, either registered to CUCM or not. However, to enable this feature, you need to have the license "Multisite Support" (LIC-EX90-MS).

And yes, this is a hardware limitation, you can have up to 4 720p30 participants connected to your EX90.

Take a look at the datasheet of EX series:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11303/ps11308/ps11327/data_sheet_c78-627494.html
CTRL + F and search for "Multisite".

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

Using its own embedded multipoint resource, EX90 is able to make 4 simultaneously calls, either registered to CUCM or not. However, to enable this feature, you need to have the license "Multisite Support" (LIC-EX90-MS).

And yes, this is a hardware limitation, you can have up to 4 720p30 participants connected to your EX90.

Take a look at the datasheet of EX series:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11303/ps11308/ps11327/data_sheet_c78-627494.html
CTRL + F and search for "Multisite".

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thank you Paulo for that and pointing me to the documentation . This is the documentation I needed.

regards,

John

Hi!

That answer is a bit missleading.

Yes, its 4 participants, but thats not 4 calls.

The EX90 (and also other C-Series with multisite) supports

* the local user 

+ 3 external video calls

+ 1 external audio call.

Here from the status of the EX90 on my desk:

*s SystemUnit Software MaxVideoCalls: 3

*s SystemUnit Software MaxAudioCalls: 4

*s SystemUnit State MaxNumberOfCalls: 4

*s SystemUnit State MaxNumberOfActiveCalls: 4

Any yes, on the EX90 it is up to 720p for external participants, but (I would say) the local view

of the combined images is 1080p

And as Paulo also mentioned besides that it is a hardware limit you also need the multisite key

be present on the endpoint.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

I agree with you, mainly after looking the output from a EX90 that you just posted. But I gave the answer based upon the datasheet for EX series. If you read the document, you are going to find the following statements:

4-way 720p30 Continuous Presence (CP) MultiSite

EX90 only: Four-way embedded SIP/H.323 Multipoint

Well, I don't know what conclusion you can take from that, but for me, it means that EX90 is able to make four HD video calls, without considering itself. Because the word "way" really leads you to think that we are talking about "calls" or "flows". I am sure that I am not the only one to come to this conclusion after reading that document.  =)

However, the xstatus output that you posted is incontestable, so I totally agree with you, although I think that the current datasheet is not clear and specific enough on that matter.

Thanks for clarifying, really helpful as always.

Paulo Souza

let me rephrase it:

The answer, but even more the documentation can be "a bit" misleading.

;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: