cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any other options for Call Center ?

nkobayashi123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,    I'm just researching what else is available for Call Center environment.  

UCCX is good product but if number of agents and incoming calls are really big (ex.  300 agents and plus remote location agents), what other products will you use?  Is UCCE or Packaged CCE?   If so, what are pro and cons on those products?

I also appreciate if anyone let me know what other porducts are available for huge call center environment..

Thank you

Nana

9 Replies 9

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

UCCE is good.

Pros:

- very flexible, scales up to thousands of agents;

- may be integrated with basically any system;

- choice of IVR servers: IP IVR for small, CVP for large deployments,

Cons:

- pricey;

- no easy path for upgrading UCCX to UCCE;

- requires some study - it's not worth trying to install and configure it without knowing what one does.

G.

Hi G,

Thank you so much for your suggestion.  I'm wondering if you know anything about PCCE.  If so, could you please reply me with your opinion about PCCE also?

Thank you,

Nana

PCCE is just a repackaged UCCE.

IMHO, if you can live with its limitations, then it's fine, but I would definitely go with UCCE.

G.

One clarification UCCX supports 400 agents these days, PCCE is an excellent option for larger deployments as it simpler to deploy/administer then traditional UCCE, definitely worth looking into.

HTH,

Chris

Hi G,  Hi Chris      Thank you very much for your replies

It is a great news that UCCX 9 can support up to 400 agents.   (but i think this call center might go higher numbers of agents in near future)

I guess I am a little confused about PCCE.  I researched about PCCE on the web but could not exactly get the details information such as, what kind of scripting format, screen shot of agent desktop,  supervisor or reporting...  It looks like UCCX and UCCE are similar interface for users.  (I don't know how much differences between UCCX PCCE and UCCE scripting are...  )

If you guys happen to know where I can find those information, could you share with me?

Thank you,

Nana

Nana,

Scripting is the same as traditional UCCE, ICM scripting + CVP call studio scripting (should you need it). Agent desktop is also the same as UCCE, option for Finesse, CAD, CTI OS. The scripting as well as the architecture is completely different from UCCX, you can review UCCE documents for more details.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chros

Thank you very much Chris 

I've only done UCCX scripting.  I should start looking into UCCE scripting now.

Nana

Here is scripting guide for UCCE:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise9_0_1/user/guide/UCCE_BK_SF811EC7_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide.pdf

and here are some guides for CVP scripting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps7235/products_user_guide_list.html

There are also some great Cisco offical training classes for these.

Scripting is not difficult (assuming no complex self-service,etc) with UCCE but you may have to write them in 2 places if you want to use powerful CVP IVR logic rather than simple microApp VXML stuff in ICM. With that said I think it is rather overwhelming for someone with no prior UCCE experience as just to udnerstand the UCCE call flows and architecture you will need to dedicate significant time as this is not a one server integrated to CUCM, here you have ingress GW, VXML GW, CUSP (in some circumstances), CVP call sever, CVP VXML server, CVP OAMP, CVP reporting server, CVP call studio, ICM PGs, ICM Router, ICM Logged, ICM AW/HDS, CUIC, Finesse/CTI/CAD not to mention optional EIM/WIM, dialer, etc :-(  Packeged CCE simplifies this a little bit by putting all on one box.  If you have not read the UCCE and CVP SRNDs yet I suggest you commit the time.

Hopefully this helps, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thank you very much for your replies