cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 that won't ping out

JRC-Stephen
Level 1
Level 1

I have reset a 4506 to factory defaults and reloaded the switch. From there I have changed Interface VLAN1 to 192.168.0.2 /24. i can then ping this from inside the switch. I also have a Laptop hooked up to this switch which has the IP of 192.168.0.1 /24 from the laptop i can ping  0.1 and 0.2 but, from the switch i cannot ping the Laptop 0.1. I then made 0.1 into the IP Default-Gateway 192.168.0.1 and still is this same results. I need to get this to talk so i can upload through TFTP to a new 15.2 IOS. The switch now 12.1(19)EW1.

Any one have an idea? Please let me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Turn off all firewalls (windows or otherwise)  and try the pings again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Turn off all firewalls (windows or otherwise)  and try the pings again.

Thank you for your suggestions, that was the issue. the strange fact is, I am updating 5. SUP-IV boards from 12.1 (or 12.2) to 15.2 and adding the Netflow card to the new board. All boards are getting setup in the same 4506 chasis. All Boards have been updated from the same laptop with windows 7 and through the same connection on the chasis. It was odd that 1 out of 5 boards would not see or get the TFTP update till the firewall was down, all others did.

So Thank you for the help and lesson learned!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card