cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Subscriber Lockout - Not able to log in to the server.

Val Constable
Level 1
Level 1

I presently having issues with Subscriber Server - I Can Not login to the server using known good passwords.

Is there a password reset procedure?

Is there a software boot method I can use to reset the password?

I am working with CUCM Version 7.1.5.20000-6 / Cisco MCS 7800 Series Media Convergence Server.

Help.....

2 Replies 2

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

If you can log into the CLI, try:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16780

Hello Gareth, thank you for your response to my call for help, however I was able to reset the Subscriber Server Admin and Security passwords by using the following Cisco documentation,.

Now the server is still unreachable within my network, can't even ping the Node, however I can ping my Pub Server.

I noticed the physical Network Ethernet connections are plugged into a different VLAN, but I thinking that should not matter beause I using Static IP addressing.

The phones communicate with the SUB Server, because when I unplug its Ethernet connection some phones Error out and or revert to old past cUser Configurations.

I have done all the usual steps - and the services are running - but it is NOT validating to the Network - I even reset the gateway from the CLI Command interface of the SUB Server.

If you have any ideas I will be happy to hear them...

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

• Username: pwrecovery

• Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator

password.

Note The system resets the Administrator username to admin. If you want to set up a different

Administrator username and password, use the CLI command set password. For more

information, see Appendix A, “Command Line Interface.”

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not contain enough different

characters, you get prompted to enter a new password.

Step 8 After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets reset, and you get prompted

to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: