cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to load driver for Storage for Windows 2008 UCS B230 M2

gurbatullahk
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to Boot from SAN windows 2008 R2. I  have configured and connected the Cisco UCS Chassis and FI to our Network & Storage .I am  having problem to install Windows 2008 R2 Server on Blades as it is not able to see Storage LUN while installation .I downloaded drivers from Cisco Support Site.

I tried drivers from ISO ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.1.3 latest version but Windows is showing driver is available but not installing the driver I am getting the following error and not showing the LUN hard disk to select the installation.

Windows is unabe to locate storage LUN. I am able to LUN while booting process.

I am not sure where I am doing wrong.or I am chosing wrong driver.

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Can't see the error you see, it did not get attached to the post...

-Kenny

I don't see the error message either, but to install W2008 on a boot lun, you must

1) do the zoning of the vhba (initiator) to the pwwn of the storage subsystem port (target)

2) the lun masking / mapping has to be setup

3) fnic driver has to be installed

Therefore, if you don't see your boot lun, either 1) and or 2) has to be fixed

then

4) only one path should be configured (e.g. fabric a), because no multipathing is available during installation, this is very important, and necessary for W2003, 2008 and 2012

and

5) if you see the boot lun, and can install, but the boot fails, the problem is the boot policy !

Very easy ! Good luck !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card