cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to add mac filter without template on Prime 2.0?

fashour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone point me to where I should go to add mac filter under security>AAA in Prime 2.0 directly to controller without using templates? Check the screenshot attached. there is no option to add filter. It only give option to edit. Going to Classic view I see the add option is available. Puzzled. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Fadi

2 Replies 2

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am unabl eto find any way to configure mac-address filter without template. To configure with template you can go through the following steps-

Step 1 Choose Configure > Controller Template Launch Pad.

Step 2 Click MAC Filtering or choose Security > MAC Filtering from the left sidebar menu. The Security > MAC Filtering page appears.

Step 3 If you want to add a new template, choose Add Template from the Select a command drop-down list, and click Go. To modify an existing template, click the template name. The MAC Filtering template page appears.

Step 4 If you keep Import From File enabled, you must enter a file path or click Browse to navigate to the file path. The import file must be a CSV file with MAC address, profile name, interface, and description (such as 00:11:22:33:44:55, Profile1, management, test filter). If you unselect the Import from File check box, continue to Step 5. Otherwise, skip to Step 8.

The client MAC address appears.

Step 5 Choose the profile name to which this MAC filter is applied or choose the any Profile option.

Step 6 Use the drop-down list to choose from the available interface names.

Step 7 Enter a user-defined description of this interface. Skip to Step 9.

Step 8 If you want to override the existing template, select the Override existing templates check box.

Step 9 Click Save.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Fadi,

Best to just use classic view to be honest.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card