cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All SSIDs are not broadcasting...

lzakariya
Level 1
Level 1

I have a  serious issue with my Cisco 4404 WLC. In from WLC, only some SSIDs are broadcasting the others are not broadcasting.... If I make a new WLAN and select it as broadcasting, but its not broadcasting correctly. I cannot see this in my device. What can be reason? Is there any restriction to the number of broadcasting SSIDs.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No... You can broadcast all your SSID's if you want by checking the box next to broadcast ssid. The problem is that your client doesn't see the ssid, correct?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

That's too many SSID's.... 3-4 is max I would go.  What I would do is make sure your not using AP Groups and if you are, then make sure all the WLANS are in the ap group.  WLAN ID 1-16 will be the only SSID's that are broadcasted on the AP, and WLAN 17 and up will not be and you will need to use ap groups for that.  If this is all fine, then delete the ssid that is the issue and recreate it.  You might have too many beacons in the air causing the clients not to see certain ones.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well... It's bet to have only 3-4 SSID's. how many SSID's do you have? The more SSID's, the more beacons in the air and then you can have clients that see the ssid and then it disappears.

-Scott

But I can only broadcast two SSIDs.....

No... You can broadcast all your SSID's if you want by checking the box next to broadcast ssid. The problem is that your client doesn't see the ssid, correct?

-Scott

Yes, exactly. my clients are seeing only 2 SSIDs....remaining cannot be seen..why? How is it possible make the clients see all the WLANs?

How many ssid's do you have?  post your show wlan summary

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I have 10 SSIDs out of which 9 are enabled and 3 are broadcasting... But  my clients are showing only 2

That's too many SSID's.... 3-4 is max I would go.  What I would do is make sure your not using AP Groups and if you are, then make sure all the WLANS are in the ap group.  WLAN ID 1-16 will be the only SSID's that are broadcasted on the AP, and WLAN 17 and up will not be and you will need to use ap groups for that.  If this is all fine, then delete the ssid that is the issue and recreate it.  You might have too many beacons in the air causing the clients not to see certain ones.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Are the clients dual band and are the SSIDs bound to both radios of the AP?

If your clients are 2.4 GHz only and some SSIDs are only bound to the 802.11a/n (5 GHz), then yes, they will not see them.

More information would be helpful.

Eric

SSIDs are bound to all the radios

Clients are dual band tooo

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

Are the WLANs in the AP group the AP is in?

lzakariya
Level 1
Level 1

Scott, you are right... but I checked all this... I deleted and re-created the WLAN, but still the same issue...

Please attach show run

What is the client you are using ?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like Maldehne mentioned, we need to look at your configuration. Make sure you post the show run-config:

config paging disable
show run-config

Attach that as a txt file

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: