Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 6921

Hello all,

i have 10 IP Phones 6921 , 3900 , VCS, MCU series router but i don't know how should i connect the phones.My question is - should i connect the phones to different outside ip-s or what?Should the phone connect to the VCS? If i connect the phone to an internal ip like 192.168.1.106 how should a outside ip reach it ? Thanks and please can you give me some helpful books . THANKS!

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What are you talking about dude?!   can you please add a Visio for instance so we can look at your design and requirements?

Thanks

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I know it sounds stupid... Can i register my ip phone to the VCS or i must have some other device? Thanks!

CP-6921 can only do voice.  I believe VCS is a video server for Telepresence.

The answer is no.

If you want your CP-6921 to do voice, then you need a CallManager or CUCM.

Otherwise, CP-6921 support SIP and you sure can get the 6921 to talk to a low-cost call server like Asterisk/FreePBX/TrixBox. 

Sorry for the stupid question but can i "make a PBX" ... if i install FreePBX for example on a computer that will be my CallManager or CUCM , am i understanding you right or i'm talking nonsence?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: