cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio assignments using WLC

kmkrause2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network that consists of 17 2602 APs and two 5508 WLCs with two WLANs configured. One WLAN is for our internal users, the other is for a guest network. I have a question regarding band select and/or assignnig specific radios to the WLANs.

1) Does the 2602 support band select?

2) How can I assign specific radios to the WLANs? I want to assign the 2.4Ghz to the guest network and the 5Ghz to the internal network.

This is fairly new to us, so please excuse what might be a newbie question.

Thanks in Advance                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's misleading.  802.11n will work when you set the radio policy to a

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the 2602 supports band select.  ALL ap that have both 2.4 and 5GHz radios support this, so long as the WLC has the feature.

Under the WLAN config, you can specify which radios the WLAN uses.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I see that the Radio Policy allows for radio selection. I'm a bit confused now as to what policy supports what speeds on each radio. 802.11a only would give me the 5ghz radio, but it would be locked down to 54Mb/s, is that correct? B/G options would require the 2.4 radio. I'm not seeing an option for 802.11n.

The root of my problem is that I have a SQL based application that is giving network errors since moving to the wireless network. Individual sessions (each client can have multiple sessions open at a time) are being disconnected, but the client and host node, in general, are not losing network connectivity. I'm approaching this first by attempting to get the wireless clients to connect in as stable an environment as possible and avoid having them adjust speeds due to a congested 2.4Ghz band.

It's misleading.  802.11n will work when you set the radio policy to a

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks again. I'll give this a shot and see what our results are.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: