Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco Jabber on IOS7 for Ipad

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was reported by several of my customers that since IOS7 update on their IPAD, they lost all the configuration of their VCS registration. I assisted them into re-doing this config and everything was fine. But then, when they close the app and turn it back on again, they get the message:

SERVICE DISCOVERY

Enter your domain for service discovery

I put in the domain of my network but then it fails and says AUTHENTICATION FAILED WITH VCS.

Then, you have to re-enter all of your login credentials again for it to work.

Any ideas if this might be a software bug for IOS7?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

I am afraid, but there is more trouble than only the weird logon.
Indeed you may login and use the application. But mostly it crashes when you hang up.

We may hear now soon from many users....

Danny

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

I am afraid, but there is more trouble than only the weird logon.
Indeed you may login and use the application. But mostly it crashes when you hang up.

We may hear now soon from many users....

Danny

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi folks,

You are missing an important point here, Jabber for Ipad only supports iOS 6 at this moment, check out the datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps6836/ps12430/data_sheet_c78-704194.html

Therefore, you can expect some strange behaviors once iOS 7 is not officially supported. You can open a TAC case if you want, however, I am sure that TAC support will tell you the same thing.

Cisco is going to add support for iOS 7 in the next releases of Jabber for Ipad, you can expect to have this soon, but for now only iOS 6 is supported.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I just read the description of Jabber for Ipad in the App Store, Cisco has stated the following:jabber for ipad support fo rios 7.png

https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/cisco-jabber-for-ipad/id540243083?mt=8

Therefore, you should wait for the release 9.3.3 in order to have Jabber working on iOS 7, that version is coming soon.

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Completely agree and you are right.

Just nobody cares from a user perspective and often its already too late. And then the calls are coming in.

Cisco could have been at least once in a lifetime a bit more proactive and ensure that the those changes would have been incorporated earlier (thats why we have developer access to IOS).

Cheers

Danny 

Guys, when you receive the authentication failed message, just erase the password, type it again and it will work....

Hopefully Cisco will launch a fix soon...

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Cisco released a new version for Jabber for Ipad that brings support for iOS 7. You can get it from App Store.

This is the release notes for this new version 9.3.3:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPad/9_x/JABI_BK_J940C01D_00_jabber-ipad-release-notes-9-3-3_chapter_00.html

Regards

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: