Hysteresis?

Unanswered Question
Sep 19th, 2013
User Badges:

We note that a correctly formated WAV file on the UCCX, when played back as a prompt, seems to have a very high SISSSSS sound.   The same played back on CUCM is much improved.   This is a Version 9 UCCX and we are wondering if anyone has had this issue and how you might have solved it.   It makes the speaker sound like they have a problem pronocing S's!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 10/02/2013 - 08:48
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Then it's not properly encoded. CUCM has a transcoder built in; every WAV file you upload is automatically converted while CCX does not.

Audacity can save the file in G.711 u-law format.

Choose File > Export

Open the Format dropdown box in the Export dialog and choose Other uncompressed formats

Click the Options button. Set the Header to be WAV (Microsoft) and Encoding to U-law.

Click OK.

Name your file and click Save.

Repeat (or perhaps figure out how to batch this in Audacity).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hieronymous Merkin Wed, 10/09/2013 - 16:06
User Badges:

Johnathan - I think the encoding is correct:  I import wav files into a format of CCITT Ulaw 8HZ 8 Bit Mono.  I have also recorded directly into Unity VM box and then exported as a wav and both give the same result.   The client complains that the S sounds like the speaker has a lisp and these are professional voice artists!

Actions

This Discussion