cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading old MXP 3000 from version 6

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

I know that on the C series codecs you are entitled to the software updates within the whole number release you are at.

Is that the same on the old MXP line?

I have a customer with a problematic MXP 3000. You can't buy a service contract for it because it's EOL. That being said it would be nice to at least get the last MXP (9.x) on it.

I'd love for them to toss it and upgrade to a C series, but I don't feel that's going to happen.

thanks ahead of time!

-Doug

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You do not need to do incemantal steps, you just need to get a release key for F9.

Contact licensing@cisco.com with the info of your serial number and refer to the advisory.

You should then get a release key which you can use to upgrade to the latest which is F9.3.1

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283688275&softwareid=280886992&release=F9.3.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Anyone is entitles to a software upgraded to F9.x with this advisory as long as the system in question is listed under the "Affected Prodcuts" section of the notice, no matter if it is EOL and it's current status of having a service contract or not.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Douglas - Take a look at this security advisory, it will allow you to upgrade your MXP systems to F9.1, and from there you can do an incremental update to the last and final release of F9.x.

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20110831-tandberg

You do not need to do incemantal steps, you just need to get a release key for F9.

Contact licensing@cisco.com with the info of your serial number and refer to the advisory.

You should then get a release key which you can use to upgrade to the latest which is F9.3.1

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283688275&softwareid=280886992&release=F9.3.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

You're right Martin, duh.

I read the advisory before I linked to it to make sure I had the right one, so when I was typing my reply I had F9.1 on the brain, and wasn't thinking of going straight to F9.3 once you got an F9 release key.

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm entitled to a software update even though it's not under contract for maintenance?

Would that apply to units not EOL as well? I have an Edge 95 that is also on version 7 but it's not EOL so you can actually buy a maintenance contract for it.

Anyone is entitles to a software upgraded to F9.x with this advisory as long as the system in question is listed under the "Affected Prodcuts" section of the notice, no matter if it is EOL and it's current status of having a service contract or not.

Thanks! Very helpful!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: