Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN switch types supported on MGCP

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have to connect to a telco in Suriname and the isdn switch type he is working with is Ericson TSS4.0. Have any of you guys heard of it. I did some research but i am not finding anything that is describing this. What will work on Cisco's end, since I plan to use MGCP on cucm 9.1?

7 Replies 7

Hi.

TSS is an Ericsson Soft Switch which support the use of signaling protocol such as SIP and H.323.

Are you going to implement this System with a CUCM?

If yes you can use one of the mentioned protocol

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for your response.

Yes CUCM 9.x is going to be used for this solution. So MGCP is not supported with TSS?

Hi .

CUCM 9.x and earlier version support only Cisco Hardware with MGCP protocol

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi,

I am a bit confused. So you said earlier that the TSS supports only h323 and SIP.

I will be connecting with CUCM 9.x with a 2921 gateway, so what signalling protocol should be used? Can MGCP be used also?

Additionally this is a pri circuit offered by the telco and the switch type available is TSS, what is the isdn switch type that i can use on the cisco cucm or router to establish a layer 2 connection with the telco? Since i didnt see that as an option on the isdn switch type on cisco router or cucm.

Hi,

I think you can also QSIG integration between Ericsson and Cisco Router configured as MGCP provided E1. QSIG is supported.

MGCP would be used for integration between call manager and VG 2921.

regds,

aman

Hi.

I mentioned SIP and H.323 only because are protocols supported from both CUCM and TSS.

TSS of course supports other ISDN standard such as QSIG  which could be used to interconnect TSS with CUCM but , as Aman correctly mentioned (+5 A), you'll need a further hardware to integrate those two systems.

If you want, instead, to replace TSS with a Cisco Solution, I guess that the ISDN cirtuit actually connected to the TSS could be an E1 R2 which is applicable on a cisco Voice gateway.

HTH

Regards

Carlo