Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote site wireless configuration

Charith Gamhewa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a doubt, how to configure the WLC to work with remote site APs.

Below are the details regarding my problem.

Ex:-

My company has many branches in diffrent geographical locations. (USA, Australita.) All branches have been configured according to same VLAN standard But IP address ranges are various

example:

In USA

Mgmt VLAN      50     10.10.50.0/24

Data VLAN       20     10.10.20.0/24

Wi-Fi VLAN      10     10.10.10.0/24

In Australia

Mgmt VLAN      50     10.20.50.0/24

Data VLAN       20     10.20.20.0/24

Wi-Fi VLAN      10     10.20.10.0/24

I want to deploy a Wi-Fi solution with a centrall WLC at China. I can configure one site properly but problem is arrived when configuring differnt interfaces for different branches with same VLAN ID and different IP subnets. (Contorller>Interfaces>)

How to configure interfaces with same VLAN ID and different IP subnets ?

or any other way to config same VLAN ID and same SSID in differnet sites with different subnets ?

Thanks,

Charith

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to understand one thing. With multiple country codes configured on the WLC, the common channels and power setting are what the WLC will use.

What you need to look at is FlexConnect for your remote sites.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

I missed below phrase

"

I want to deploy a Wi-Fi solution with a centrall WLC at China. I can  configure one site properly but problem is arrived when configuring  differnt interfaces for different branches with same VLAN ID and  different IP subnets. (Contorller>Interfaces>)

How to configure interfaces with same VLAN ID and different IP subnets ?

or any other way to config same VLAN ID and same SSID in differnet sites with different subnets ? "

Hi Charith,

As scott said, Flexconnect would be the solution for this. In flexconnect you can give different subnets for the same SSID as those traffic will be locally switched at the branch.

Refer this to see get basic understanding of Flexconnect (HREAP was the name used in this post as I have used 7.0.116.0 code for my testing & feature was known as H-REAP prior to rename as Flexconnect).

http://mrncciew.com/2013/03/10/h-reap-modes-of-operation/

Refer the config guide depend on software version you are running when configuring.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card