Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping a Server

abairami1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and I need help.

Site A has a security Server and it's behind the cisco firewall (Cisco ASA 5520). I need to ping that server on port 3000 from Site B (Different location). Both sites have public IP's. Site A has Lightpath for Internet and Site B has bussiness cablevision with 5 static IP's

What it's the best way to setup this scenario?

Thanks

Arber

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Arber

I am slightly confused about your post. You say that you need to ping a server and ping uses ICMP packets. And then you say that you need to use port 3000. But ping does not use port numbers. Can you clarify whether you need to ping with ICMP, or to access with UDP port 3000 or to access with TCP port 3000?

The other thing that is not clear in your post is whether the server that you need to access has a public address, or has a private address that is part of a static translation, or has a private address and uses dynamic network address translation. Or alternatively whether the two sites have some site to site VPN connecting the sites. You would need one of these to be able to access the server at site A from site B.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: