Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 13.2.2 - SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 migration

I want to confirm (as there are already some posts about it) that migration from SQL2005 to SQL2008 db does not require any reinstalls / actions on the application side.

• We have TMS 13.2.2 running with remote DB on SQL2005.

• Our DB team is migrating all DB to SQL 2008 (and SQL2012 - that is not supported by TMS)
  • We want to confirm that IF DB team migrates our DB to 2008 (Proper migration with no changes to names etc) than TMS will continue to work with no intervention needed from TMS application. By intervention I mean no need to reinstall / install new packages on TMS.

I have seen post on SQL2005 to SQL2008 express migration - but the answer also included install of new TMS...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3791835#3791835

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pawel,

You won't have to uninstall and reinstall TMS, you just need to use the TMS Tools so has to point the TMS application to the new external SQL Server and instance where the TMS db (tmsng) will be found. And as usual, you'll need a user that as the appropriate access to the SQL and the TMS db (per TMS documentation - Install doc).

Dale

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pawel,

You won't have to uninstall and reinstall TMS, you just need to use the TMS Tools so has to point the TMS application to the new external SQL Server and instance where the TMS db (tmsng) will be found. And as usual, you'll need a user that as the appropriate access to the SQL and the TMS db (per TMS documentation - Install doc).

Dale

Thank you !

The DB migration went with no issues. We had one issue related to Provisioning extentions 1.0 - The tool to change DB connection did not want to start. We have reinstalled provisioning extentions - whe on new DB - and all went well.

Lesson/ info - You can reinstall provisioning extentions after migration of DB  - and it will not loose any data!.

Thank you again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: