Views
Helpful
Replies

Adminconfig.xml deploy with AD/Login population and deploy

champaneri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

My first post here so apologies if I am posting in the wrong place.

We are moving from CUCM 6.1.4 to CUCM 9.x and one of my tasks is to roll the VMO for the new Unity Connection we are implementing. We have been told we want to have little user interaction therefore we need to pre-populate the Adminconfig.xml file before we deploy it.

Currently we are pushing VMO 9.0.2 via MS SCCM and that part works fine (removes the previous version 8.x, installs the pre-requisites and install 9.0.2) but does anyone know of a painless way of populating the xml file so there is little user interaction?

Previously we had a GPO with a VBS script for the old version but the new version install creates keys in the HKCU which are only availible when the wizard is run.

Does anyone have any experiences in this or any ideas?                 

Pratip

3 Replies 3

champaneri
Level 1
Level 1

Any takers on this?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you put the XML file in the same folder as the MSI that SCCM pulls from, does it get embedded automatically?

champaneri
Level 1
Level 1

As the install is generic, so is the xml file. What I need then is to get the individual xml files populated and installed on the machines.

I was told of doing a mail merge and creating the files but the I need to get that done out to the user's. Just wondering if someone has a post installation vbs script or the like that can add the info.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: