cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using LMS to find my non-ssh devices

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

I have Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 deployed.  How can I use it to determine which of my routers and switches are not configured to support ssh?   Clearly I could log into each device and do it by trial and error but I'd like something a little more elegent.    I wasn't hopeing there is a best practices report or something already built in but I don't see it.

Thank you,

Tod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tod,

so Basically  you need the get the Capabality of the devices with SSH

As per my understanding DIRECTLY it is not possible to get this , however I can suggest you one thing:

Create a CUSTOME INVENTORY Report

Report >report designer > Inventory

you can custom the report based on IMAGE  ( usually the IMAGES with K9 have the capabilty of SSH)

check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/reports/inv_reports.html#wp1125269

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tod,

You can to check if the device are Configured with SSH  ?

Or you wanted to check if Device are capable of configuring the SSH  ?

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

I want to figure out 2 things.

1. What devices are NOT capable of SSH.

2. What devices are capabile SSH but not currently configured for SSH.

Hi Tod,

so Basically  you need the get the Capabality of the devices with SSH

As per my understanding DIRECTLY it is not possible to get this , however I can suggest you one thing:

Create a CUSTOME INVENTORY Report

Report >report designer > Inventory

you can custom the report based on IMAGE  ( usually the IMAGES with K9 have the capabilty of SSH)

check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/reports/inv_reports.html#wp1125269

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]