Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS view issues

Lonemaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have set up a fresh TMS installation TMS 14.3 TMSPE 1.1 and after a reload I got a Portal error:

Ajax.JPG

Also I am unable to view device details under the Navigator page... status remains in Loading...

Navigator.JPG

Have anyone seen this before? Where to look for the issue? Thanks for help!

Update:

In addition I have also found an issue with the SmartScheduler, giving back:

"There was a problem connecting to the scheduler backend : Unspecified Error"

regards, 

CCNP R&S
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

That server error you get probably because of "Method not Allowed". The most common cause for that error is that you have setup IIS manually and not let the TMS installer install and setup IIS for you.

Check if the WebDAV publishing feature is installed with IIS (this installs if you just select all the IIS features when adding the roles, TMS is kind of selective regarding this). If it is, then that is most likely causing the SERVER ERROR message. Not sure about the portal error though, but maybe it has something to do with the IIS being manually set up?

To check this:

On the windows server open Server Manager, expand Roles, click on the Web Server (IIS).

Now check the "Role Services" and find WebDAV Publishing. It should say "Not installed". If it is installed, then uninstall it and try to remove the group again. Not sure if you need to restart the IIS service, but if it still fails after you uninstall it, just try a reboot or an IISRESET from CMD.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Hi Magnus,

thanks for the hint, this fixes the Error Message. I wanted the TMS installer to setup IIS automatically but after I removed the IIS role from the Server it does not reinstall it :-( .

I add two entdpoints into the TMS server for testing. The TMS server see that there is a conference between both, but the TMS does no call record for this conversation. Maybe the ajax error is related to that?

CCNP R&S

Ok... its getting closer to a running system :-) after I saved "Administratrive Tools -> Configuration -> Statistics Settings", the ajax error is away!!!

Now there are only the call records left..

CCNP R&S

25 Replies 25

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

- What Server OS are you installing TMS and TMSPE to, i.e. supported, all pre-reqs made?

- HW or VM?

- If you are on a supported Server OS, has it been completed updated with all MS hotfixes, i.e. .Net, IIS, etc?

- If on HW or VM, do you have the appropriate resources, i.e. memory and processor?

- When installing TMS, did you do a complete or custom install?

- Is TMS and TMSPE installed to the default website in IIS?

- What browser are you using?

- When your browsing into TMS and TMSPE, I assume your doing that from a client PC/laptop...meaning do have latest and greatest Java installed to your PC/laptop?

- Do you have appropriate licensing for your TMS and TMSPE, although for the Smart Scheduler (SS), no special licensing is required?

- Did you restart the server after each installation, i.e. obviously TMS first, then TMSPE?

I believe that's probably enough to start with

Hi,

to answer your questions:

- What Server OS are you installing TMS and TMSPE to, i.e. supported, all pre-reqs made? Win 2008 R2, pre-reqs I hope so... I read all the release notes and install guides.. Win2008r2 + sp1 + alle updates + .net 4.0 extended + Java 1.6.33 and 1.7.21 (for TMSPE)

- HW or VM? VM

- If you are on a supported Server OS, has it been completed updated with all MS hotfixes, i.e. .Net, IIS, etc? Yes

- If on HW or VM, do you have the appropriate resources, i.e. memory and processor? Yes

- When installing TMS, did you do a complete or custom install? Custom Installation with external SQL, dbowner permission as written in the install guide

- Is TMS and TMSPE installed to the default website in IIS?  I think so, there was the drop down field in the installation process...

- What browser are you using? Same error on IE8/9/10 FF22-24.0

- When your browsing into TMS and TMSPE, I assume your doing that from a client PC/laptop...meaning do have latest and greatest Java installed to your PC/laptop? Java 1.7.40 on my client

- Do you have appropriate licensing for your TMS and TMSPE, although for the Smart Scheduler (SS), no special licensing is required? yes

- Did you restart the server after each installation, i.e. obviously TMS first, then TMSPE? yes

CCNP R&S

Hmmmm....definitely something fishy here...and seems to be all Java related. Meaning the only thing that sticks out to me is that you have two versions of Java installed to the server, in particular an older version. Therefore, I would remove the older version of Java from the server since you say your doing a 'fresh' install of TMS 14.3...which means TMSPE v1.1...which means no need for Java 1.6.33.

And what's interesting to me as well is that again you say this is 'fresh' install yet it appears from your System Navigator page that you actually have systems in TMS...meaning when did it all go wrong? For example, it must have been working at some point in time since you have systems in the TMS. Can you clarify if indeed this is a 'fresh' install...meaning by 'fresh', its an empty and new db for both TMS and TMSPE

What happens if you try to access the TMS page from the TMS server? http://localhost/tms

Is it the same issue?

/Magnus

In addition, as you are using a new TMS version, you are not probably using TMS appliance (which is not sold anymore). So, can you confirm if you have Antivirus, IDS, IPS or any another security application installed on this server? If you do have, please, add all the TMS services as expection to your security applications, so that you can avoid conflicts. I had some problems some weeks ago regarding antivirus causing conflict with TMS application.

Also, check if TMS Provisioning Extension service is running just fine, and try to manually restart it. Also, try to restart IIS service.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paolo,

Can you expound on this

I had some problems some weeks ago  regarding antivirus causing conflict with TMS application.

What specific conflict did you have? What AV sw was it?

Also, check if TMS Provisioning Extension service is running just fine,  and try to manually restart it. Also, try to restart IIS service.

The pages in his screenshots are non-TMSPE pages. Therefore, I don't believe restarting this service will matter. And if there were an IIS issue, I wouldn't expect him to even get this far. However, anything is obviously worth a try

As discussed, the pages in his screenshots and what he discusses all seem to me lead to be Java related. Therefore, that's my suspicion here. However, Magnus makes a good point to check directly on the server to help narrow that down.

Dale

Hi Dale,  =)

Dale Ritchie wrote:

The pages in his screenshots are non-TMSPE pages. Therefore, I don't believe restarting this service will matter. And if there were an IIS issue, I wouldn't expect him to even get this far. However, anything is obviously worth a try

Sorry, I missed this point out. When he said "I got a Portal error:" I thought he was talking FindMe portal, as he also mentioned TMSPE.

Dale Ritchie escreveu:

What specific conflict did you have? What AV sw was it?

The conflict was related to an AV application blocking probably the TMS Live Service, not sure exactly. But everytime I scheduled a confence, when the conference started, the status was "Ongoing", but checking the logs in Conductor and MCUs, I didn't see any management commands coming from TMS. So I asked the customer to add all TMS Services as expection to AV application, then it started to work right after AV was put out of the game.

For safety reasons, I cannot post further information about the AV application and version involved, as this is a public forum. But if you send me an email or private message I can give you further information on this.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

@Paulo: Send me a private message via the forums since I'm curious to hear about this issue.

Lonemaker
Level 1
Level 1

I do not know why, but once I uninstalled TMS and cleared the IIS "Default Web Site" entrys and then reinstall TMS, the loading and SmartScheduler Errors are away...

The ajax portal error is still there and I found another one...Its really annyoing.. I add a group (TEST) under Provisioning -  Users and Groups, also with some AD entrys. I cannot set it back to None or remove the group and get a huge Server Error message.

CCNP R&S

That server error you get probably because of "Method not Allowed". The most common cause for that error is that you have setup IIS manually and not let the TMS installer install and setup IIS for you.

Check if the WebDAV publishing feature is installed with IIS (this installs if you just select all the IIS features when adding the roles, TMS is kind of selective regarding this). If it is, then that is most likely causing the SERVER ERROR message. Not sure about the portal error though, but maybe it has something to do with the IIS being manually set up?

To check this:

On the windows server open Server Manager, expand Roles, click on the Web Server (IIS).

Now check the "Role Services" and find WebDAV Publishing. It should say "Not installed". If it is installed, then uninstall it and try to remove the group again. Not sure if you need to restart the IIS service, but if it still fails after you uninstall it, just try a reboot or an IISRESET from CMD.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

thanks for the hint, this fixes the Error Message. I wanted the TMS installer to setup IIS automatically but after I removed the IIS role from the Server it does not reinstall it :-( .

I add two entdpoints into the TMS server for testing. The TMS server see that there is a conference between both, but the TMS does no call record for this conversation. Maybe the ajax error is related to that?

CCNP R&S

Ok... its getting closer to a running system :-) after I saved "Administratrive Tools -> Configuration -> Statistics Settings", the ajax error is away!!!

Now there are only the call records left..

CCNP R&S

Thanks for sharing how you got rid of it.

/Magnus

Ditto...thanks for sharing...but sounded more like IIS issues/challenges on the server rather than an actual product problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: