Hello, I have just integrated CUC 8.6 with CUCM 8.6 via a SIP trunk connection.
My phones connect to CUCM via SCCP.
I can leave messages and retrieve them from my 7940 phones, but I do not get any MWI light indicators.
I have not set up any Message Waiting Numbers in CUCM as I have used a SIP trunk to connect to CUC. Am I right here ?
I have checked the following:
- CUC "Check Telephony Configuration" does not display any problems
- I have checked CUC Telephony Integrations > Ports and it seems fine
- I have checked CUC "Telephony Integrations > Port Group > Port Group Basics" and it seems fine.
- I have checked CUC "Users > Users > Messaging Waiting Indicators" and it seems fine.
- I have restarted the CUC notifier service.
Does anyone know what else I can try or where I am going wrong. Do I need to set up MWI extensions in CUCM if I am using a SIP trunk to connect to CUC ?
Thanks for any help.
SIP integration doesn’t use MWI DN numbers to turn on and off MWI. Unity will inform UCM to turn on and off MWI by sending a SIP NOTIFY to callmanager .
To make sure UCM accepts the SIP NOTIFY and update the phone MWI status, check your SIP trunk configuration. Make sure the “Incoming Call CSS” under your SIP trunk configuration includes the partition of the DN. After setting the “Incoming Call CSS”, go to the Unity subscriber settings, the message configuration, refresh the MWI status.
Check the following for additional details
Let us know if it works.