Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Looking for Options When Agent "Misses" A Call

Answered Question
Oct 1st, 2013
User Badges:

We're running UCCX8.5.1, premium seating and HA in a virtualized environment.

I have been informed  that  if a call to our IT Help Desk goes unanswered by an agent, the agent is put in not ready and the call is placed back in the queue, at the bottom of the queue.  The agent going to not ready is not an issue, however, the call being put at the bottom of the queue is an issue to Help Desk management.

Is there a 'nerd knob' to change this behaviour or does it haveto be addressed in the script.  I think it has to be addressed via changes in the script.  If this is the case, does anyone have suggestions that might direct me in a sucessful direction to accomplish this?

Any feedback on this is really appreciated.

P.S.  I've asked why agents would miss calls in the first place.  I got an interesting reaction.      

Correct Answer by kevinigvr about 3 years 10 months ago

Indeed. I've been under the impression the caller is then routed to the next available agent when a RNA(Ring No Answer) occurs. I don't think they are sent to the bottom of the queue.

Correct Answer by Tanner Ezell about 3 years 10 months ago

The caller does not lose their place in queue when an agent is unable to pickup the call. The agent however may go to the end of the rotation for call delivery upon entering the READY state following the RNA.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Tanner Ezell Tue, 10/01/2013 - 10:54
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The caller does not lose their place in queue when an agent is unable to pickup the call. The agent however may go to the end of the rotation for call delivery upon entering the READY state following the RNA.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Correct Answer
kevinigvr Tue, 10/01/2013 - 11:06
User Badges:

Indeed. I've been under the impression the caller is then routed to the next available agent when a RNA(Ring No Answer) occurs. I don't think they are sent to the bottom of the queue.

Anurag Siddhu Tue, 10/01/2013 - 22:55
User Badges:

In rna call goes to next available engineer , but let me answer what u asked , you can increase the priorty of a call using script with "set priority" step , and place that call as soon as it goes to a queue loop , increase the priority by incrementing it for evry queue loop it covers , this way you can put calls in queue with differnt priorties depending on the time they have been in queue.

I hope this answers ur ques

Regards
Anurag siddhu

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Actions

This Discussion