cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 79xx firmware upgrade 8.3(3) to 9.3(1)

Hi,

I have a specific problem which I want to share with you and meybe you have a resolution.

I have a custmer on CUCM 6.1 with over 1000 phones which are now migrated to a new cluster with CUCM 9.1. The reason for migration is purchase of the company by another enterprise, and in great time since their cluster (6.1) broke.

So to come to a problem. All the phones (mainly 7945,65 and 75) have firmware 8.3.3 and there is no CTL and no ITL file on them (no trust list at all). You can presume that firmware upgrade doesn't work.

I've found a solution to do it by hard reset which upgrades firmware to 9.3(1) with term45.default and CUCM installes new ITL file on the phone which allowes the phone to reboot again and upgrade the firmware to official 9.3(1).

The problem is that I need to do it on over 1000 phones!?

Any ideas? Can I do hard reset remotely or stgh else?

Regards,

Tomislav

1 Reply 1

Go to Bulk Administration say update phones via query, find phone by device type contains and enter 7945 or 7965 press next and scroll down to the load field and manually paste the new FW file name in there and reboot all the phones.

See pictures.

Best Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: