Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber Manager Times-Ten problem

aquafon123
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install the subscriber manager on a testing environment, using a Linux virtual machine; and after going theough the process I'm having this error massage that I couldn't find a soulution for, so I need help

thank you in advance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[pcube@su-scesm-test bin]$ ./p3sm --sm-status

SM is running.

SM operational state is Failure

Errors/warnings -  during SM startup:

====================================

Error - Times-Ten DB is not set up correctly:

[TimesTen][TimesTen 7.0.5.2.0 ODBC Driver][TimesTen]TT0836: Cannot create data store shared-memory segment, error 22 -- file "db.c", lineno 7787, procedure "sbDbCreate"

1) Error: [TimesTen][TimesTen 7.0.5.2.0 ODBC Driver][TimesTen]TT0836: Cannot create data store shared-memory segment, error 22 -- file "db.c", lineno 7787, procedure "sbDbCreate", sqlState: 08001, errorCode: 836 [TimesTen][TimesTen 7.0.5.2.0 ODBC Driver][TimesTen]TT0836: Cannot create data store shared-memory segment, error 22 -- file "db.c", lineno 7787, procedure "sbDbCreate"

2) Error occured while validating configuration: SMM:name=SMM: java.lang.NullPointerException

Use "--reset-sm-status" option in order to reset the errors.

Command terminated successfully

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Reply 1

mirsad001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you haven't found out already, the solution is to increase the shared memory maximum segment size. It is located in /etc/sysctl.conf....

Example:

#  ---- Begin settings for TimesTen
kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 100
kernel.shmmax = 536870912
#  ---- End of settings for TimesTen

Change to:

#  ---- Begin settings for TimesTen
kernel.sem = 250 32000 100 100
kernel.shmmax = 1073741824
#  ---- End of settings for TimesTen

Reboot the machine and the problem should be solved!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: