Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM BE5000 to CUCMBE6000

Hi support community

as the post title states we need to make a migration from cucm be 5000 ver 6.1.4 running on MCS server to a virtualized cucm be 6000 ver 9.x on UCS servers. I have some doubts about the procedure that i hope someone could help me to clarify:

1. I readed that is no possible to use DRS backup and restore on this case. so is possible make a BAT export on the be5000 ver 6.1.4 and later make a BAT import on the be6000 ver 9.x?

2. What about unity connection data? (the version 2 doesn't support cobras.)

3. Is possible install BE5000 ver 6.1.4 on a vm, make the DRS restore, and then upgrade it to version 9.1 to get the cobras support in order to export data?

4. Is there a recommended upgrade procedure for these cases?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. I read that is no possible to use DRS backup and restore on this case. so is possible make a BAT export on the be5000 ver 6.1.4 and later make a BAT import on the be6000 ver 9.x?

Yes, but if they're not in the same version, you'll need to adjust the BAT files prior to import. You're not going to just export from 6.X and import into 9.X all that easy.

No workaround here, either you start from scratch, or upgrade your 5K to 7.X so you can use COBRAS.

3. Is possible install BE5000 ver 6.1.4 on a vm, make the DRS restore, and then upgrade it to version 9.1 to get the cobras support in order to export data?

No, 5K is not supported on virtualization, nor the jump upgrade procedure applies to it. If you want to do that, it'll have to be on the MCS server.

Yes, Manish already posted the 5K to 6K guide.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julio,

Please check the BE5k to BE6K migration guide from the following link

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33988

Also, you are right that the DRS restore will not work on different versions of callmanager.

HTH

Manish

1. I read that is no possible to use DRS backup and restore on this case. so is possible make a BAT export on the be5000 ver 6.1.4 and later make a BAT import on the be6000 ver 9.x?

Yes, but if they're not in the same version, you'll need to adjust the BAT files prior to import. You're not going to just export from 6.X and import into 9.X all that easy.

No workaround here, either you start from scratch, or upgrade your 5K to 7.X so you can use COBRAS.

No, 5K is not supported on virtualization, nor the jump upgrade procedure applies to it. If you want to do that, it'll have to be on the MCS server.

Yes, Manish already posted the 5K to 6K guide.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: