Views
Helpful
Replies

Display on phone shows line is busy on Call Manager 8.6

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a customer who mentioned they had below scenario working but now stopped working.  I don’t believe I’ve seen this feature and wanted to check if someone heard about it ??

Scenario:

- User A calls user B (both have Cisco 7945 phones)

- User B is on a call already

- They are saying that user A used to get a message on their Cisco IP Phone display (they believe it was in the status field eg. where “You have VoiceMail”, “Connected”, etc. are displayed) that said something like:  “user is on the other line or busy”

- While user A gets this message on their LCD display they are hearing ring-back (ie. the call has definitely not gone to voicemail yet and user A is not hearing a busy tone)

- User B did not have to do anything for the above to happen (so I assume it isn’t IP Phone Messenger that was doing this)

Please advise if anyone knows that CUCM or CUP has the ability to send a message to the caller on their phone display :"User or ext is busy" , so the caller can decide whether to hangup and call back later or let it go to VM. This happens only on internal calls

UCM 8.6.2 with 7945 phones

Thank you

Saima

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

never heard of feature before that before on cucm.

additionally if a caller calls someone who is busy, the cfwd settings dictate what happens next, ie. go to voicemail, forwarded to another destination, or just hear a busy tone. This of course in conjunction with the busy trigger set on the line

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Saima,

I agree with Mink that there is no such feature with CUCM. Though, there is another feature, which can notify caller about the called party being availbale at a certain time. Have you check for Callback feature ?

Please refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fscallbk.html for information on how Callback works.

Thank you for the reply .

I'll provide them the above information.

Saima