cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.3.0 - Which Java Version

Juergen Hornung
Level 1
Level 1

Have TMS 14.3.0 and TMSPE running at a 64bit Windows 2008 server. Is there a limitation which Java version could be used at least?

Actually there a two Java Version installed (Java 7 Update 21 and Java 6 Update 39)

Thanks

Juergen

10 Replies 10

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco TMS 14.3.0 documentation doesn't say about limitation of any Java version. However, there were incompatibility issues reported on some Java versions such as version 7 update 11, refer to bug ID CSCug37698. I'd suggest you test both versions you mentioned in your previous post in your environment.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

I'd like to hear some official statement from Cisco to that, which Java version can be used and which not.

If you have a support contract then log a case to Cisco TAC. They are happy to assist with your inquiry.

Why not via this forum!?

Mayby the answer is important for others too.

Read the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSPE_Deployment_Guide_1-1.pdf

Cisco TMSPE has been tested with Java 7, update 40 and update 17, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

(For Windows Server 2003, only 32-bit Java is supported.) Download the installer from www.java.com.

CAUTION: Do not upgrade Java while Cisco TMSPE is running. Disable the Windows service prior to any upgrade. We strongly recommend disabling automatic Java updates on the server.

Thomas,

tried to install Java 7 update 40, 64bit at my 2008 sever, but TMSPE failed to start. After install Java 7 32 bit version, TMSPE runs again.

Whats wrong?

Thanks

Juergen

You probably just need to update your PATH variable as Java 64 and 32-bit are installed in different locations. Check out my other post: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3932770#3932770

It's a litte more than the path variable. The application launch environemnt configurations are different between 32 bit java and 64 bit java - which are built at the time of installing PE. That is why it is recommended to uninstall and re-install PE when switching Java versions/platforms. It is also recommended to only have a single version of java installed.

That's exactly right Zac ;)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is vital that the version of you Java you are planning to use is installed prior to the PE install. If you would like to switch the version or platform (32 bit or 64 bit) uninstall PE first, and then reinstall after the java install. This information is in the current PE install guide.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: