cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless with Cisco ACS

julio.vergara
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wireless solution and want to add a CISCO ACS 5.3, but unfortunately I do not have an LDAP, then the users are local to the Cisco ACS.

Not as a certifying entity, either I have a domain on my network.

I just want to use the CISCO ACS to enable users and sign me to the wireless network only with my username and password enabled on the Cisco ACS.

Someone knows a configuration or anyone know if you can do with this version of Cisco ACS.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

So you want to authenticate people to a Wireless network, but only by using ACS, without any AD/LDAP integration?

This is perfectly doable with a PEAP or EAP-FAST (or LEAP, lol) setup.

This only works when I change the settings in WINDOWS clients.

Is there any way without changing the client and automatically WINDOWS only ask you username and password.

craig.beck
Level 1
Level 1

If you don't have an AD to automatically configure the Windows clients there's no way to do it without manually configuring them, unless you install a trusted 3rd-party cert on the ACS for EAP authentication. This might still require manual config on the client though if certificate validation doesn't work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card