Emergency Responder Gateway

Unanswered Question
Oct 13th, 2013
User Badges:

I have the following running and testing in a simulated lab test environment

2 - Cisco Unified Communication Manager CUCM 8.6 acting as gateway trunk

1 - Cisco Emergency Responder CER 8.6

2 - Cisco IP Communicators

Everything seems to be working except CER does not seem to be presenting the correct ELIN to the simluated PSAP, it is showing my regular phone number or extension instead.  I can see in the CER Call History that it is picking the correct route pattern and ELIN number.

In the administration guide it says that I must configure the gateway to sends th actual calling party number rather than a generic number.

I tried changing various "Calling" settings in my outbound calls in trunk configuration without success.  Any ideas?

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
George Thomas Mon, 10/14/2013 - 10:56
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Are you using a Calling party normalization CSS on the gateway/trunk in UCM? If yes, there is a defect associated with it where the external phone number mask is overwritten.

Please rate useful posts.

rhap4boyz Thu, 10/17/2013 - 09:15
User Badges:

Not using any calling party normalization css in particular.  Everything is default.  I simply create none gatekeeper trunk at each CUCM and forward to each other.

In my route pattern, I have Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask checked.

What is the correct way to do this in order for the other side to see the modifed calling numbers by CER

Do it at the route group level? route pattern level? gateway/trunk level?

Not exactly sure which settings at which level overwrites the other.

Really appreciate your help!

Actions

This Discussion