cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hosting a corporate directory for cucm 8.6

lonmc1977
Level 1
Level 1

How do I go about hosting the .JSP corporate directory files that cucm came with, somewhere else?  Or any modified directory?  I tried creating a web server on my domain controller with IIS 6.0 and pathing it there.  Maybe Im on the wrong track, but I cant get the Call Manager to path to the files correctly, it doesnt seem to find the URL but I can path via file directory.  Ive never actually used IIS either so I could be doing that wrong.  All I want is a directory to look up my end users or through LDAP on our 7961 phones.   The XMLdirectory.jsp on the call manager itself seems screwed up or Id just use that.  All of the paths under enterprise perameters are pointing to the IPs, not the DNS names.           

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you created them as services, pointing to the external web server, and then subscribed the phones?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Can you please follow the below:-

1- on the web server you put the requested file. For example under  folder c -Inetpub-wwwroot-put here your file

2-Click right on folder C and give permission for full access for (Administrator-users) to access this file.

3-on Administrative tolols - IIS - web sites -Default web sites-you will find your file (right click- properities)- Authentication method - (do browse and right the username of your Administrator and the password).

4- On CUCM - Enterprise parameteres -on the URL Directories-type the url for example (http://X.X.X.X/Directory.xml) where X.X.X.X the IP address of your web server.

5-On Enterprise parameteres -services provisioning -select both .

2nd method

1-Phone -phone services -add new- add your new service and on url type the url for your service

2- on the phone page - subscribe -new service- select the new service.

3-From your phone physical- select services - your service.

Thank you

please rate all sueful infromation

I attempted both of those methods, however the IIS options you stated I dont see the authentication options as you showed.  Also, I created a new service, which looks exactly like the default corporate directory service anyway, but when I try and subscrbe it from the phone I just get "Requesting..." forever.  I do see the new service on the phone though, it just wont subscribe. Same thing happens when I select directory, its just says "requsting..." even though I have the URL pointing direclty at the JSP file on the server.

Also Im just assuming the services are to be setup as XML service and standard IP phone services.  I didnt list any perameters etc.

Hi

for IIS authentication which i mentioned above , please find the below:-

1-IIS- web sites - Default web sites - you should find your file . Then right click -properties - file security - you will find tab edit for Authentication the use the username for your admin (do browse and type the name and do check name) and the password fo thr admin.

2- On Enterprise parameteres -services provisioning -select both

Thank you

please rate all useful infromation

Hello,

Why not save yourself most of the work and use a 3rd party solution instead?

I recommend that you check out 2Ring PHONE SERVICES (IPPS)  http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice

Your need can be definitely handled by it. E.g. synchronization with various IS is also supported.

So just take a look there.

Also, the FREE or TRIAL license is available.

Regards,

Martin