cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

languages for SDN

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

I am very interested to pursue my carrier to SDN, I am good with Perl and PHP but I am not sure this languages useful for SDN. some say TCL or Phyton.  is there any one can advice me or direct me a good source to look at it.  thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The languages Mike suggests are spot on when it comes to our ONE offers as well as what are popular in the industry.  Additionally,  REST APIs are also very popular.  With REST, you can write in any language you want.  While Java, Python and Ruby dominate, You could use PHP and Perl to make REST calls.  It really depends on your use cases and in some ways the part of the network as to what language choices make the most sense.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mtimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Java, Python and C.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The languages Mike suggests are spot on when it comes to our ONE offers as well as what are popular in the industry.  Additionally,  REST APIs are also very popular.  With REST, you can write in any language you want.  While Java, Python and Ruby dominate, You could use PHP and Perl to make REST calls.  It really depends on your use cases and in some ways the part of the network as to what language choices make the most sense.