Views
Helpful
Replies

IP HELPER in VLAN

unleashed333
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings All

I am getting problem in IP helper commands.I issue commands on Interfaces but did not get IP from DHCP Pool of Router.

Router acting as DHCP---3750---3750--Router as DHCP Client.

Vlan is Up/Up.Alreday done shut /no shut  on All interfaces.

Please check the attached image and guide me.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I am understanding your drawing you have helper address on vlan 20 and 30. But these vlans are configured to learn their addresses from DHCP. So they would send a request to the broadcast address. They are not able to forward to the helper address till they have an address.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

Having looked again at the post I see another significant problem. The router has configured only one DHCP scope as far as I can tell. That scope works for the subnet connecting R1 and R2 on the Ethernet. I do not see any scope configured for vlan 20 or for 30. Each vlan needs its own subnet and its won DHCP scope.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I now see that before posting the question in this form that the original poster also posted the same question in the LAN forum. I suggest that any further discussion be focused on the LAN forum which is where it started.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card