Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527W support for the Huwawei E353ws-2

ken_tucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there

There are not that many USB modem options in Ireland nor do they change a lot.

The latest releases SRP520_1.01.27 and up to .29 show support for the E353 model but it mine is stuck in "unable to detect USB modem" state.

The USB light is solid Green

The Three.ie Dongle is solid blue

The status is always in "detect"

It works find with my Emobile E182 version.

On querying the modem in more detail, it is the E353WS-2 version.

Am I wasting my time getting support for this modem and should I just give up on the Ciscl SMB platform as Cisco seems to be slow to keep up with the models out there.

Three mobile is main player in the Irish market and none of the current modem list works on the product.

Thanks

Ken

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Ken,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Just so that you have the USB modem compatibility list for SRP520 series routers, please check on the below link;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/srp520_series/srp521w/usb_modem_support/compatibility_matrix.final_draft.pdf

Running the latest firmware release version 1.01.29 the Huawei E353 is supported, but E535WS v2 is not, and I honestly doubt there is a going a be a newer firmware released with new USB modems support added since this product is already End-of Life and End-of Support as of the below notice;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps10500/end_of_life_notice_c51-694184.html

Please let me know if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: