Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G MoH Server

matthewnewton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to find a suitable Music On Hold Server for my SPA504G IP phone but I’m struggling to find anything substantial. Can anyone recommend a MoH provider for me?

Regards,

Matthew

9 Replies 9

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For example, SPA112 or PAP2T can be configured as MoH server.

Do you know of any MoH server providers ? also, I have a PAP2T laying around so I'm interested in knowing how to configure that as a MoH server.

PAP2T Administration Guide, chapter Configuring a Streaming Audio Server

Are you able to use a shared resource on a server ?

I'm sorry, I don't understand question. Can you rephrase it ?

PAP2T configured as Streaming Audio Server can be source of MoH to any number of phones, but only five or ten (based on exact configiration) can listen the stream at the same time. Is it what you are asked for ?

Not quite. If I was to configure my PAP2T as a streaming audio server do I just use the ip addresss of the device and use that address on my SPA504G phone's configuration page?

To clear my last question up what I meant to say is that if I was to share a folder on a Windows Server and put an audio track in that shared folder can I use that as my Audio Streaming Server ?

If I was to configure my PAP2T as a streaming audio server do I just use the ip addresss of the device and use that address on my SPA504G phone's configuration page?

I assume "yes" but never tried by self.

if I was to share a folder on a Windows Server and put an audio track in that shared folder can I use that as my Audio Streaming Server ?

Not with PAP2T/SPA112. They are using analog (FXS) input as stream source.

I assume that files on disk (either local or connected from remote server) can be served by Asterisk, but I never did it by self nor I have further details about it.

Did anyone ever find the proper format of the MOH server field to use in the phone needing to connect to the MOH server?

I have a SPA8000 used as a SAS at my IP address x.x.x.x. It has extension 3545 tied to it.

Would I use sip:3545@x.x.x.x ?

Thanks for any help.

I have no personal experience, but  I suspect that 3545@x.x.x.x is the correct form. Or just 3545 if yours  MOH server is on  outbound proxy.

Just  try it. Dump the packets - it will reveal you where the requests are  transmitted to. And what content of it. It should help you to found the  correct form.