Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Is the RV180W capable of doing EasyVPN?

Unanswered Question
Oct 22nd, 2013
User Badges:

Question:

Is it possible to setup a RV180W (1.0.3.10) VPN router as a hardware client (EasyVPN) to connect to an ASA5520 via an IPSEC VPN tunnel?

The ASA5520 has a static IP address on it but the RV180W is using DHCP, dynamic addressing. Is it possible to make the RV180W initiate the VPN tunnel? I have had great success with ASA5505s and  SA520W at remote locations using EasyVPN, but was wondering if the RV180W is capable of doing something similar.

Thanks for your assistance in advance,

Mike

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
jeffrrod Thu, 10/24/2013 - 12:24
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Dear Mike,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Unfortunately the RV180 is not capable for Cisco Easy VPN Remote (hardware client) configuration.  For a Site-to-Site VPN I suggest you checking on the below document where you can use a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) on the RV180 router since no static public IP is assigned, as of this FQDN you may get one from DynDNS or 3322.org for example along with some other similar services available online.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2264

Besides this option and in order to connect to the Easy VPN Server (ASA5520), you would have to use Easy VPN Client software on the remote clients and enable "VPN Passthrough" (VPN>IPsec>VPN Passthrough) on the RV180.

I hope you find this information useful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Actions

This Discussion