Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED EXAMPLE AD INTEGRATION CONFIGURATION ON ACS 3.3, 5.3

Sakthi vel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please give example of Active directory configuration related to radius in Windows server 2003.

The same way need Step by step to AD configuration in ACS.

Please help on this. I searched alot but not getting any exact docs which say both of these things.

I need to configure End User (Wireless or L3 Device) --> ACS --> LDAP for Authentication

Regards,

Sakthivel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

Before you integrate ACS 5.x to the AD, ensure that the TimeZone, Date & Time on the ACS matches with that on the AD primary domain controller. Also, define the DNS server on the ACS in order to be able to resolve the domain name from the ACS 5.x. Complete these steps in order to configure ACS 5.x Application Deployment Engine (ADE-OS):

Please follow the below link for step by step configurations because it's not possible to paste here full steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9911/products_configuration_example09186a0080bc6506.shtml

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

Before you integrate ACS 5.x to the AD, ensure that the TimeZone, Date & Time on the ACS matches with that on the AD primary domain controller. Also, define the DNS server on the ACS in order to be able to resolve the domain name from the ACS 5.x. Complete these steps in order to configure ACS 5.x Application Deployment Engine (ADE-OS):

Please follow the below link for step by step configurations because it's not possible to paste here full steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9911/products_configuration_example09186a0080bc6506.shtml

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

I do agree with Aqeel. Please follow the link given by aqeel.

Dear Aqeel,

kindly provide the link for ACS 3.3 or 4 integration with AD. Since we have both ACS 5.3 (VM) & 3.3 (Windows) of the setup and need to understand this

Regards,

Sakthivel M

I followed the steps.. But while giving test connection

getting following error

Error while configuring Active Directory:Error while configuring Active Directory:No writable domain controllers found. due to unexpected configuration or network error.Please try the --verbose option or run 'adinfo --diag' to diagnose the problem.Join to domain 'mims.com', zone 'null' failed

Help on this

ACS timezone and AD time and zone are same

it is configured with NTP

Created this doc long time back for acs 3 and 4 for AD integration. Please find attached document.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: