cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rv082 site to site vpn

Bob Boklewski
Level 1
Level 1

So, I am trying to figure out how the site to site tunnel will behave in general.  With the site to site by default, does it do split tunneling?  Or, if the site to site is setup does it have all traffic by default go out the vpn tunnel and disregard the local internet connection? 

Let me know,

Thanks, Bob

6 Replies 6

Bob Boklewski
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody?

Hello Bob,

It depends on your requirements and configuration. Based on your configuration, you can route all or selective traffic through the tunnel to the other end. With RV0xx devices, you may need to configure multiple SA's depending upon the number of networks you have on each end. Below are couple of links that may help you in configuring the Site-to-Site VPN on the RV0xx routers.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=8c6825b4d43d4886be44afde263a41aa_Configuration_of_Gateway_to_Gateway_VPN_on_RV0XX_Series_Rout.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=5&dispid=0&cpage=search

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=e122768623ca42b9951d41a0ddca6232_Configuration_on_Gateway_to_Gateway_VPN_using_DynDNS_on_one_.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=5&dispid=0&cpage=search

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nagaraja

Basically, I have two remote machines behind the rv082 where I want them to be able to access company resources (internal websites, apps, etc) behind an ISA570.  However, I want them to use their internet connection for everything else.  I assume i will need split tunnel and split dns.

Hi,

A site to site tunel will work in a way that you will connect your local network to a remote network by using a secure path, this can be seen as an extension of your own network, the Internet will be used to send this encrypted traffic instead having to pay for a private circuit so you will save money.

The traffic that you define to protect will be encrypted (escrambled through the internet) and access your remote network, what you define in the encryption domain will be sent through the tunnel, the rest of the traffic will use regular internet connection for normal operations (exceptions > tunnel all)

Please let me know if you have any question

Regards,

Andre, thanks for the response.  Last night I set up the tunnel and confirmed that site to site does split tunneling by default as I expected, so only traffic destined for the remote network I am connecting to will be sent over the tunnel.  I enabled split dns and keep alive and everything has been working nicely since last night.

Hi,

I am pretty glad hearing that!

Regards,

Important:

Do not forget to rank useful reponses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: