cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-3000 & POE Expansion Modules

da.newman
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco Industrialised IE-3000-8TC as per the data sheet does not provide POE (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9703/data_sheet_c78-440930.html) however the POE expansion modules IEM-3000-4PC= does provide the option.

The data sheet lists the IE-3000-4TC as "Support up to two expansion modules with various combinations". Can a single IE-3000-4TC support 2 x

IEM-3000-4PC= ?

Would the following IE-3000-4TC setup work?

1 x IE-3000-4TC

1 x PWR-IE50W-AC=

2 x IEM-3000-4PC=

2 x PWR-IE65W-PC-AC=

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Primm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Da.newman,

Yes, the setup you proposed would work, however I would always encourage you to run the specs by your Cisco account team to get the latest data.  The base unit requires a power supply (PWR-IE3000-AC or PWR-IE50W series) each Poe module needs one power adapter to provide at least extra 60W power source for 4 PoE ports. If you install two PoE modules then two PWR-IE65W (DC or AC-DC) are required.  The new Cisco PoE power supplies (PWR-IE65W-PC-DC= and PWR-IE65W-PC-AC=) deliver a nominal 54V with 65W available. They are capable to power 4 PoE devices or 2 PoE+ devices.

HTH

Lp

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Primm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Da.newman,

Yes, the setup you proposed would work, however I would always encourage you to run the specs by your Cisco account team to get the latest data.  The base unit requires a power supply (PWR-IE3000-AC or PWR-IE50W series) each Poe module needs one power adapter to provide at least extra 60W power source for 4 PoE ports. If you install two PoE modules then two PWR-IE65W (DC or AC-DC) are required.  The new Cisco PoE power supplies (PWR-IE65W-PC-DC= and PWR-IE65W-PC-AC=) deliver a nominal 54V with 65W available. They are capable to power 4 PoE devices or 2 PoE+ devices.

HTH

Lp

Thanks Richard, I'll run it via our Cisco account team to check.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: