cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-3000 & POE Expansion Modules

da.newman
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco Industrialised IE-3000-8TC as per the data sheet does not provide POE (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9703/data_sheet_c78-440930.html) however the POE expansion modules IEM-3000-4PC= does provide the option.

The data sheet lists the IE-3000-4TC as "Support up to two expansion modules with various combinations". Can a single IE-3000-4TC support 2 x

IEM-3000-4PC= ?

Would the following IE-3000-4TC setup work?

1 x IE-3000-4TC

1 x PWR-IE50W-AC=

2 x IEM-3000-4PC=

2 x PWR-IE65W-PC-AC=

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Primm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Da.newman,

Yes, the setup you proposed would work, however I would always encourage you to run the specs by your Cisco account team to get the latest data.  The base unit requires a power supply (PWR-IE3000-AC or PWR-IE50W series) each Poe module needs one power adapter to provide at least extra 60W power source for 4 PoE ports. If you install two PoE modules then two PWR-IE65W (DC or AC-DC) are required.  The new Cisco PoE power supplies (PWR-IE65W-PC-DC= and PWR-IE65W-PC-AC=) deliver a nominal 54V with 65W available. They are capable to power 4 PoE devices or 2 PoE+ devices.

HTH

Lp

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Primm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Da.newman,

Yes, the setup you proposed would work, however I would always encourage you to run the specs by your Cisco account team to get the latest data.  The base unit requires a power supply (PWR-IE3000-AC or PWR-IE50W series) each Poe module needs one power adapter to provide at least extra 60W power source for 4 PoE ports. If you install two PoE modules then two PWR-IE65W (DC or AC-DC) are required.  The new Cisco PoE power supplies (PWR-IE65W-PC-DC= and PWR-IE65W-PC-AC=) deliver a nominal 54V with 65W available. They are capable to power 4 PoE devices or 2 PoE+ devices.

HTH

Lp

Thanks Richard, I'll run it via our Cisco account team to check.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card