cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video management in Show and Share

Ken Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

If a user of SnS has the Author / Publisher role and they upload a video and publish it.  What happens to that video if their account is removed?

I sync my users from Activity Directory.  If they leave our businss, their account is automaticly removed from AD, which thnm sync to DMM and SnS.  Normally that account is removed from SnS through my sync process, but right now this user has a Authored / Published video and the sync process appears to not remove the account.

I am really having issues getting my head around the management of videos and users.  To keep stale videos from over loading my enviroment, I want to remove old videos that have not been view for some time and videos owned by users that no longer work for my business.  Some of the videos that were Authored / Published by users who are no longer at my business should be transfered to other current employees so that they can manage them.  I just don't see a way to handle these situations.

Are there any Cisco Best Practice documentation for handling these issues?

1 Reply 1

Joel Frye
Level 1
Level 1

Great question, Ken!  I too would like to know if there is a way to transfer video content management to an other author.  In the case that a user publishes content and later leaves the company, retaining control of the published material is a requirement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: