Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC custom authentication - two authentication pages appear

darragh long
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a pair of WLC 5508s deployed on my LAN in an active-standby pair, and a WLC 2504 deployed in my DMZ as a guest Anchor.

I have configured a WLAN (guest) for webauth.    The guest WLAN is anchored to the 2504 in the DMZ, and webauth is working fine.     However when I uploaded a custom splash page to the anchor WLC, I started running into trouble.   This is what happens:

A device associates with to the guest SSID, and gets an ip address.

The user tries to browse to a webpage, and gets redirected to the custom splash page

The user enters the username/password provided to them

At this point, the user is redirected to the internal (default) webauth splash page located on the Guest WLC

- this happens whether the username/password entered on the custom page is correct or incorrect

- If the user enters their username/password correctly a second time on the internal (default) webauth splash page, they are authenticated and can access the network.

This is how the guest WLAN is configured:

On the 5508:     

L2 security = none

L3 security = Web Policy/authentication.    Override global config is not enabled

On the 2504 Anchor controller:

L2 security = none

L3 security = none,

Web Policy selected - Authentication

Override global config is enabled - webauth type = customized (downloaded), login page = login.html, login failure page = none, logout page = none.

I would really appreciate any help in preventing the second (default) splash page from appearing.

Many thanks,

Darragh

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This was a bug on the 2504 but is fixed on the newer code version. I think v7.3 it was fixed in. What version are you running on the 2504.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

I'm running version 7.4.100.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card