Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: sticky resource not available

netternewbie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to add sticky config to a context.

Error: sticky resource not available

I have added the following to the admin context but no joy:

resource-class **********

limit-resource all minimum 0.00 maximum unlimited

limit-resource sticky minimum 10.00 maximum equal-to-min

One thing I noticed is it is only on the admin context of one ace module. It ain't on the admin module of the other ace context. Do I need to add it manly to both? Afraid of putting them out of sync.

Can anyone please advise?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Netter,

You should what is the current resoruce allocation for your context and see what is changing. There should be no problem as long as you are increasing the resource.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

Hi Netter,

You can use ,

show running-config resource-class

show resource-allocation

The above two commands shall show the details.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi,

So you can create resource class and assign to the context you are having issues with. You can look through the user guide for better understanding of how resource allocation works.

Regards,

Kanwal

56 Replies 56

netternewbie
Level 1
Level 1

I just added it on the other ACE admin context manually and still no joy.

resource-class **********

limit-resource all minimum 0.00 maximum unlimited

limit-resource sticky minimum 10.00 maximum equal-to-min

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get stickiness working?

Hi Netter,

You have defined the resource class and defined the limits but did you associate with the respective "Contexts"? Without association with any context it is just a resource class!

Please associate if you haven't already and let me know if you still face the same problem.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi Kanwal,

Thanks for your response. I am new to this and taking over from someone else. Can you tell me how you associate it with a particular context? Is it in the context itself? Whats the command?

Many thanks

Hi Netter,

Here is the configuration that you need to do in "Admin" context. So i created a class (like you did above) named as "Test1". After that i go to context "Kan" and made it member of resource class Test1.

switch/Admin(config)# context Kan

switch/Admin(config-context)# member Test

Test   Test1

switch/Admin(config-context)# member Test1

switch/Admin(config-context)# exit

Let me know how it works and if this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks Kanwal,

I will give this a go. There are other services live already in this context. Will this cause any issues? Presume I just do it in active context?

Thanks.

Hi Netter,

You should what is the current resoruce allocation for your context and see what is changing. There should be no problem as long as you are increasing the resource.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks Kanwal,

Another stupid question but how do I check current resource allocation? There was nothing in admin or its context until I greated class above. So presume its default resources?

Thanks.

Hi Netter,

You can use ,

show running-config resource-class

show resource-allocation

The above two commands shall show the details.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks Kanwal,

I did this in the admin context and it has no resources assigned to it.

Hi,

So you can create resource class and assign to the context you are having issues with. You can look through the user guide for better understanding of how resource allocation works.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks, yes will do this and let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks Kanwal, this did the trick and I can apply stickness now. Unfortunately it didn't fix my main problem. Load balancing 2 web servers with redirest on port 80 to 443. But I get the following error:

This webpage has a redirect loop

Can open a separate discussion on this if you like. Config is fairly basic. Not sure what is wrong. If its me or the server guys. Any thoughts?

Hi Netter,

Send me the configuration and i will have a look. 80 t0 443 should be a simple redirection. Who is doing the redirection here, ace or webserver?

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi Kanwal,

Should be ace but think server guys have a redirect as well. Will get them to turn off. Just heading to a meeting now. Will try and get a config onto you in the next hr. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: