cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA v5.8.7 and v5.8.8.1 can't add c2960x to community

gti.agetop
Level 1
Level 1

In CNA 5.8.7 or 5.8.8.1, I can not add any switch WS-C2960X-48TS-L to the community.

Using Discover like a single device by IP address and device IP, the CNA sends this error:

Error: Create Community

Unsupported Device Type: WS-C2960X-48TS-L

Cannot add device 10.x.y.z to community

How to proceed?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You'll need to watch for a new release of CNA that adds 2960X support. Until then, you cannot manage it with CNA.

CNA tends to be updated 2-3 times a year adding new device support. Right now the release notes show it indeed does not manage the 2960X.

View solution in original post

sriachan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am Srikanth from CNA dev engineer team. C2960X and C2960XR devices will be supported in CNA feature release(i.e CNA589). CNA589 is going to release by end of November.

Thank you

Regards,

Srikanth Achanta

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You'll need to watch for a new release of CNA that adds 2960X support. Until then, you cannot manage it with CNA.

CNA tends to be updated 2-3 times a year adding new device support. Right now the release notes show it indeed does not manage the 2960X.

sriachan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am Srikanth from CNA dev engineer team. C2960X and C2960XR devices will be supported in CNA feature release(i.e CNA589). CNA589 is going to release by end of November.

Thank you

Regards,

Srikanth Achanta

Thanks,

I will wait the new release with very big expectations.

ru-user-ciko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  from University of Ruse, Bulgaria. I installed the new version of Cisco  Assistant and noticed a problem. We have new switches WS-C2960X-24TS-L.  CNA view this devices in Front Panel like Catalyst 2960-S. Screen of  the problem -

http://www.uni-ruse.bg/.ntk/cisco_CNA_5_8_9-University_of_Ruse.PNG

Hi Nikolay ,

It seems this is an issue , we have filed an defect for the same ,

CSCum09576  , We will fix this and let you know the updates

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco