Network Slowness

Unanswered Question
Oct 31st, 2013
User Badges:

hello all,

I have a client that is experiencing slowness on there network more specifically upload speeds are very slow. The client is a school district they have the core in the high school its a 6509 and PTP to the remote schools. However the issue is their ISP is provided by the next town over. The 6509 goes to the next towns core where they recently replaced there firewall and content filter to a Dell Sonicawall NSA 6600. when this change was made both school districts were experiencing painfully slow speeds.

They had a Sonicwall tech come out and make some changes and the other towns network is fine now however we are still experiecning slowness. dowlaod speeds are normal upload is awful.

Initially set up was for our connection to plug directly into the sonicwall but this did not work when hard coding the duplex to full and speed to 100. the device would not negotiate an uplink when hard coded to full duplex. it needed to be set to auto. as a work around they put a switch in between to negotiate full duplex and speed 100. this worked.

i checked the interface and its clean no CRC FCS errors reliability is 255/255 utilization is normal. no total outputs drops, when testing a contigous ping for an hour during peak hours of traffic we saw a 26% packet lost.

i checked the logs for any loops in all cores and everything is clean as well.

oh and the pipe is 50Mbps

any thoughts?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion