cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer VOIP Calls Between Cisco Desk Phone and Cisco Jabber For IPhone 9.5

paul.parker
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to transfer an active voip call from a Cisco IP Desk Phone to Cisco Jabber for IPhone?  I can transfer a call from Cisco Jabber for IPhone to my Cisco IP Desk Phone no problem.  I put the call on hold and then click "Resume" on my Cisco IP Desk Phone.  However I cannot do the same but the other way around.  If I put the call on hold on my Cisco IP Desk Phone, I see "no active call" on my Jabber client.  The only information I could find slighlty relevant was using the Mobility Key/Remote Destination Profile feature however this defeats the object as this will forward to an external number, e.g. mobile and I just want to transfer the call within the VOIP environment between the two devices that are using the same directory number.

I am using Cisco Call Manager 9.1(2), Cisco Presence 9.1 and Cisco Jabber for IPhone 9.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul Parker.

16 Replies 16

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is privacy disabled on the desk phone?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Chris,

I have disabled "Privacy" on the phone I am logged into [desk phone] but when I have a call on hold on my desk phone, there is no indication of a call on my Jabber for IPhone.

Thanks,

Paul.

pcanters
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find an answer to this ?

I am seeing the same behavior and trying so see if I can put calls on hold and pick them up both ways also.

The only answer I seem to have found is to use park instead

That would/should work but I would just prefer to hold/unhold

Just not sure why we would not be able to hold/unhold on what is essentially a "shared" line

Does anyone have this working for them ?

I am able to transfer the call "IPhone - Deskphone" but not the other way.  If I put a call on hold on my desk phone, I don't see an "active call" on my IPhone client in the way I do with the desk phone if the call was originally answered on the IPhone [if that makes sense].

pcanters
Level 1
Level 1

Same exact thing that I am seeing. Just wondering if anyone has gotten the hard phone to jabber client hold/transfer to work ?

Experiencing the same . Not able to transfer calls from deskphone to Iphone Jabber Client

Are you using latest 9.6.2 version of Jabber? The feature is not supported in J4iPhone 9.5. I'm unsure if they have added the feature in latest version of Jabber. It is a product limitation.

I'm using the latest version of jabber

I tested in my lab and see the same behaviour. This is a product limitation

Yup, me too seeing  the same behavior. Thanx bro for your reply 

Thank you Niyadh. Please rate useful posts, and mark this thread as answered, as this will help others who face the same issue.

I  just ran into this issue and wanted to provide my input.   As a workaround you can setup Mobility (SNR) and setup a softkey button which transfers the call to your Cell phone.    It won't go to Jabber Mobile but the call will transfer to your cell phone.  

Did it fix for the latest versions of Jabber for Android and iPhone?

To transfer the call from the Desktop phone or Jabber for Windows to Jabber for Android or iPhone?

I don't think so.  I'm working with a client running UCM/IMP 10.5 and Jabber 11 and they can't transfer back and forth either (which is what led me here in the first place).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: