Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber error when sending normal text

It seems random but sometimes when I type a message to someone in jabber  I get embedded error saying "Cannot send the content you pasted" I am  simply typing in messages as you normally would. If I type the same  thing again it works. I just upgraded to windows 8.1. I have tryed  reinstalling the client although I think it is using the same local  config file (unless the groups you create store server side).

14 Replies 14

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ram

Few Questions here:

- On-premise Jabber Deployment or Cloud Based?

- Jabber Version

- CUCM and IM&P version

Tapan

Hi Tapan,

Where can I find the CUCM and IM&P version?

this is on-site versions 9.1.2

I have received the same error the past few days. I have uninstalled the client and reinstalled it.  I am on version 9.1.3 and I am running Windows 7. Never had a problem until a few days ago. It gets annoying as when i type in information I can get the error.

Alex Houghton
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get a fix for this issue, has just occured for one of my clients today

I still have found no fix for this issue

Did you try the latest Jabber version 9.2.6

This is opened as a BUG:

CSCuj34478

But is fixed in the above version

Sorry for the delay in replying

Tapan

Why would it be only a certain number of users? So to fix this, my company needs to upgrade the client which could have an effect on the users that had no issues... So far it is about 5 people in my office that this is happening to.

Are you able to produce details of the bug? It is not visible to me when I search for it in the bug tracker. Known causes, workarounds, etc.? Sounds like it could be related to a Windows update based on the recent reports of this error? We've been running this version of J4W for a year and I just received my first report of this error by a user today.

sklump001
Level 1
Level 1

We started having this problem in the last couple weeks.  about 5 users our of 100.  Version 9.1.4  Build 13786. Has anyone come up with a viable solution (besides the update suggested which seems extreme)?

My IT dept. had to upgrade me to 9.2.1, Build 606. That did the trick. Now it seems whoever is not on the version I have is getting the orignal error I was receiving. So far for a week, had no errors.

Alex Houghton
Level 1
Level 1

I was advised by TAC to go to 9.2.4 as this is the version before certificates are required, luckily all are users use terminal server so only had to do one upgrade been a week now and the issue has gone

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

benpijorksu
Level 1
Level 1

Issue looks to be IE11. I can only reproduce the problem when IE11 is installed (only tested Win 7x64). Makes sense considering issues were first reported within the past month, which is when IE11 was released for Win7.

Just an FYI, I was and still am using Google Chrome and had the issue. Since the ugrade however, never had a problem.

Browser of choice doesn't matter. Jabber utilizes IE 's active scripting settings

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: