Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC licensing issue

Hello,

we want to deploy Cisco UC for install TelePresence system in future.

At first, we are going buy some licenses - about 30 CUWL seats, so Business Edition 6000 is good choice. But, we already have Cisco UCS 5108 blade server with VMware vShpere system, so there is no need nor desire to purchase physical servers, which supplied with BE6000.

So, we need to purchase only licenses for UC, without hardware. What is the minimal quantity of CUWL licenses should we purchase for deploy CUCM and additional services (like IM and Presense, Unity Connection)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The BE6K is a hardware/software bundle and is not really suited for your needs.

If you want to order CUWL software then the quote from the ordering guide published in Auguest 2013 is relevant

New orders of Cisco UWL Professional Edition must have a minimum user quantity of 50. There is no order

minimum for new and add-on UWL Standard Edition purchases and add-on UWL Professional Edition

purchases.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are going to purchase CUWL standard I dont think there is a minimum revilement, with CUWL Pro if I recall and things have not changed you will need 100 or so.

HTH,

Chris

I think minimum quantity of CUWL Std or Pro is 100 — many forums says about it. So, looks like the cheapest way for deploying — purchase licenses starter kit (25 users) BE6000 with 1 physical server, but install and run all UC applications inside ours production cluster (UCS 5108 + VMware + NetApp). Does this model is supportable by TAC?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No it is not, BE6K is a bundle that includes the c series server and cannot be deployed on B series.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I do not see big difference — both supporting vmware deploy. In the case of "native" deploy BE6000 you have vmware hypervisor (which is free) including bundle, in my case there is vSphere (paid). Are you sure that this case will not be supporting by TAC only by difference server series?

The BE6K is a hardware/software bundle and is not really suited for your needs.

If you want to order CUWL software then the quote from the ordering guide published in Auguest 2013 is relevant

New orders of Cisco UWL Professional Edition must have a minimum user quantity of 50. There is no order

minimum for new and add-on UWL Standard Edition purchases and add-on UWL Professional Edition

purchases.

I can't  find latest ordering guide, would you give me the link?

Forbidden File or Application

Does I need the special license for getting the UC ordering guide?)

You are right, I have read the same in the ordering guide.

Thanks!

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

If i recall correctly, the minimum number of cuwl/std/pro/enh licenses is 50 for new systems.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Up some answers, the member says, that there is no order minimum for CUWL Std for the new deployments, referring to the UC order guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: