Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking CLI to External

jblanksby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am new to this part of the cisco world.

Can anyone help in regards to setting up blocking of CLI on external calls.

i currently have a route plan setup 0.1831@

which if you dial and then a mobile number the number will show no caller ID which is great, However i dont really want the users to have to dial this string everytime they want to make a call. Is there a better way to do this??

Appreciate any help and if this is not ver clear please let me know so i can clarify.

i am on cucm 8.5 currently

Thanks           

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely you have the calling number to restricted on that route pattern, you can change it in your regular route pattern so it affects all calls

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the reply,

that is correct i do have that option ticked however i dont want to put this on the regular route pattern as i dont want it to affect all users only one or 2 individuals

Jon,

Your other option is to create a seperate route pattern for cli witheld calls. Put the route pattern in a seperate partition and set the caller id to restricted on it. You then need to assign a different CSS to the phones of the users you want to block their CLI and ensure the CSS ony has access to the partition of the new route pattern..

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

TheCollector
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help guys, I created a new RP as suggested and this worked great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: